Works For Me Wednesday: Homemade Chicken Broth  

Posted by Amber R



This is my first try at a Works for Me Wednesday post. The topic I have chosen is homemade chicken broth. With the holidays fast approaching, I sat down to make my list and realized that over the next two months we would need a minimum of 8 cans of chicken broth. That's a lot of money to a frugal mommy! We were making King Ranch Chicken that day, and I decided to see how much chicken broth I could make just using from the one chicken that we were going to boil that day. I was amazed. For just a little bit longer cook time and throwing the bones into the pot instead of the trash, we were able to freeze the equivalent of 4 cans of chicken broth. It took very little effort, and saved us money. I just cooled it, took the fat off the top, and froze it in 2 can portions. Another added bonus... none of the nasty added salt! :) Works for me!

This entry was posted on Nov 5, 2008 at 09:56 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment