Good hot dog  

Posted by Amber R

I was attempting to work on my thesis paper earlier when I hear three kids busting out laughing in the dining room. Uh-oh. This spelled trouble. I go in there to find the dog, covered in grape jelly from head to toe ON MY TABLE. I mentally tell myself NOT to go into panic mode EVEN THOUGH the table cloth is in the washing machine and I have light carpet. STAY CALM.

Me: OK, why is the dog covered in grape jelly?
Little Dude: YUM!
Princess: Well, Mom, you see... it really is quite simple. He jumped into the fridge, got into the jelly and wanted to sit on the table.
Me: *rolls eyes* Tomboy, what happened?
Tomboy: Me do it! He make GOOD HOT DOG!

At this point she gets to laughing so hard she can't stand up, the dog gets tired of being a potential snack and takes off into the other room, and Little Dude chases after him saying "Wait. Yum. Nack! (baby talk for snack)". I have grape jelly from my kitchen to my dining room to my living room and ending under my bed. Lovely. Thank goodness I have a carpet cleaning machine! :)

Disclaimer: My kids would really never try to eat the dog, or at least I don't think they would. He is just a wonderful play mate that will let them do whatever they want to him. Or maybe it was just his elaborate ploy to get another bath. That dog loves the tub!

This entry was posted on Nov 19, 2008 at 21:26 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment